LiverLine is a free, confidential and non-judgmental phone service that provides information, support and referrals.
Call 1800 703 003, Monday to Friday from 9 am–5 pm.
Outside of these hours, leave a message and we’ll call you back on the next business day or email us
LiverLine is available to:
- People living with or concerned about any liver health condition, including hepatitis
- Workers who support people living with, or at risk of a liver health condition, including hepatitis
- Anyone who is concerned about the liver health of a friend or family member
- People in correctional centres through the ARUNTA telephone system by dialing *#09
For people outside Victoria the National Hepatitis InfoLine service is available on 1800 437 222 (1800 HEP ABC)
For languages other than English, call 131 450 to have a translator help you make contact. This service is provided by the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS National).
- Online – prefer to speak to someone online, instead of calling us by phone?
- Ask away – speak with one of our trained team members via WebChat by clicking the popup on our website.
- Information – we can answer your questions and send you a wide range of booklets and resources
- Support – we can provide and assist you make informed decisions about your liver health and wellbeing
- Referrals – we can help with referrals to a wide range of services, including specialist services, such as liver clinics, complementary therapists, multicultural and multilingual support services, youth and Indigenous services.