We collaborate with Aboriginal Communities to:
- Improve access to health information about viral hepatitis and liver health for Aboriginal communities
- Break down barriers to seeking testing, and treatment where required for viral hepatitis
- Improve access to support services for testing and treatment
- Encourage healthy lifestyle approaches for liver health
- Identify knowledge gaps and better understand personal experiences to inform the development of future projects targeting Aboriginal communities affected by viral hepatitis
Aboriginal Healthy Living Guide
Healthy living guide for the Aboriginal Community. Helping you care for your liver and your mob.
Viral hepatitis is still an issue for the Victorian Aboriginal Community in 2020. This guide is about keeping ourselves well, and when we keep ourselves well, we improve our liver health, says Peter Waples-Crowe, Ngarigu.
The Guide is endorsed by Creative Director of the ILBIJERRI Theatre Company, Kamarra Bell-Wykes, who is a strong advocate for good liver health in Aboriginal communities, and promotes understanding of the experience and stigma of liver disease. Her advice: “Love your liver! Love your life! Love yourself!”