Help us to prevent the 1000 deaths each year from hepatitis B & C – and the 6 million Australians who suffer from chronic liver disease.
Helping you love your Liver
Nationally, more than 6 million Australians suffer from chronic liver disease. An estimated eight million Australians – one-in-three – suffer symptoms associated with liver disease and 500,000 Australians live with chronic hepatitis (17 times the number of people with HIV/AIDS) and 1,000 die each year from hepatitis B and C.
Less than 5% of those infected currently access treatment.
How you can help
DONATE NOW and HELP CHANGE this.
Supporting us helps:
- Raise awareness of liver disease and prevent the transmission and impact of viral hepatitis
- Increase awareness and referral to quality information, care, treatment and support
- Influence the government, media and other agencies in relation to a stronger response to the challenges of viral hepatitis and liver disease in our community.
- To fight stigma and dispel misinformation about viral hepatitis and chronic liver conditions
- Train community and health workers to upskill and deepen their knowledge to support the needs and challenges of those living with viral hepatitis and liver disease.
- Produce resources and digital content to provide insight and educate the community.
- Provide information and support via our free LiverLine – 1800 703 003
- Deliver education programs to youth, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, Aboriginal communities and in prisons.