Jul 27, 2016 at 9:30AM
Spotlight on hepatitis B
The VHBA is an independent, multidisciplinary group that aims to build momentum behind the Victorian response to hepatitis B.
Hepatitis Victoria provides secretariat support to the VHBA.
- A/Professor Ben Cowie(Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory - VIDRL)
- Jennifer MacLachlan (VIDRL)
- Dr. Nicole Allard (VIDRL)
- Gabrielle Bennett (St Vincent’s Hospital)
- Nafisa Yussf (Cancer Council Victoria)
- Lien Tran (Hepatitis Victoria)
Refreshments and lunch provided.
- The epidemiology of hepatitis B
- The transmission, prevention and natural
history of hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B testing and management
- The public health approach of hepatitis B
- Learnings about engaging service
providers and community in hepatitis B testing and care
- Understanding the social and cultural
experiences of people affected by hepatitis B within Vietnamese community
- Introductory description/theory about
cultural competency and health literacy, and a few practical strategies for
healthcare workers to incorporate principles into everyday practice.