Education and Training Services
We provide free education and training sessions to community workers and organisations that work with people affected by viral hepatitis or at risk of hepatitis. We hold regular training sessions at our Brunswick office or we can tailor a session and come to you anywhere in Victoria.
our statewide workforce development activities include:
- updates on hepatitis C and hepatitis B in relation to workplace and client issues
- developing and delivering customised educational workshops
- establishing prisoner peer education programs and training for correctional staff
- facilitation and support for partnerships with services on funding submissions, advisory committees, and special health promotion projects.
BLOODY SERIOUS FACTS 2014
We have three sessions planned for the rest of 2014: 14 May, 13 August and 12 November
This workshop is designed for drug and alcohol workers, nurses, NSP workers, community health staff, students of health professions, prison staff and welfare workers. No prior knowledge is assumed.
The session is divided into three parts:
1) The basic facts of hepatitis C, how it differs from hep A & B, psycho-social issues, and OH&S.
2) The impact and meaning of hepatitis C for people who inject drugs.
3) Testing and treatment options for people with hepatitis C.
Where: Suite 5, 200 Sydney Road, Brunswick - Melways ref 29 G9 Upfield Train Line: Jewell Station Stop
Parking off Edward St $2.00 per hour or two hour parking in the side streets.
The 14 May session is almost full. We are no longer taking online registrations. To enrol ring Lisa Nulty on 03 9380 4644.
SELF MANAGEMENT COURSES 2014
Going Viral: Hepatitis Victoria’s Online Self Management Course:
First Session: February/March 2014
Second Session: April/May/June 2014
Any Victorian resident with hepatitis C, or who has had hepatitis C in the past, is invited to participate in Going Viral: Hepatitis Victoria’s Online Self Management Course. This course provides health education around hepatitis C, and focuses on setting health and well-being goals and acquiring the skills to achieve them.
This course is 100% completed online, meaning people can complete it in the privacy of their own home. The only requirement is access to a reliable internet connection to take part in this course.
To RSVP for this FREE 6 week course, please contact Claire Ferrier, Community Participation Project Officer on (03) 9385 9106 or email email@example.com before Monday 10th February 2014.
B In Control: Face to Face Course
A face to face course focusing on health education and self management around Hepatitis B. Information and support tailored to each person.
To find out more about our training please contact our Hepatitis Infoline on 1800 703 003 to discuss your training needs.
|Going Viral 2014.pdf||2.58 MB|
|CDSM 2014 Courses.pdf||314.89 KB|
|Public Speakers and Vols Training 2014.pdf||760.12 KB|
|Public Speakers Training 2014-2.pdf||138.42 KB|
Online Forums Login
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Other Viral Hepatitis
- Training, Services and Support
- Personal Stories
- Other Useful Organisations
- Resources in other Languages
- Media Room
- HepChat E-Newsletter
- Good Liver Magazine