Free AOD Workforce Training on Viral Hepatitis
Welcome to HEPReady® training for Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) workers in Victoria.
Hepatitis Victoria has been commissioned by the Department of Health and Human Services to provide free HEPReady® training to AOD services in Victoria.
We will deliver onsite workforce training sessions, specifically tailored to AOD workers in service delivery areas including residential rehabilitation, forensic settings, dual diagnosis, needle and syringe programs, hospitals and other community-based services, working around alcohol and other drug issues.
The training is facilitated by a person with lived experience of hepatitis C, in addition to a professional background in harm minimisation and community services. The free HEPReady AOD Workforce Training is available across Victoria and will include the following:
- Each session facilitated by a person with lived experience of previous hepatitis C and treatment, and professional experience in community work and harm minimisation
- Hepatitis A overview, including vaccination
- Hepatitis B (HBV) and hepatitis C (HCV) -transmission routes, risk factors (prevention), testing, immunisations and treatment.
- Identifying at-risk populations within the community
- Myths surrounding HBV and HCV transmission
- Privacy, disclosure and legal obligations
- How to engage in conversation about hepatitis with your clients within a harm minimisation framework
- Case studies for group discussion
- An introduction to the new LiverWell App
- An overview of Hepatitis Victoria’s other programs, advocacy and support services relevant to the AOD and community welfare sectors.
HEPReady AOD sessions are designed to run approximately 1 - 2 hours, (including time allotted for group discussions and a short break). However, the length and content of each session can be adjusted, edited or expanded to fit your organisation’s schedule and service delivery requirements.
Return to HEPReady main page