Free Online AOD Workforce Training on Viral Hepatitis
Welcome to HEPReady® training for Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) workers in Victoria.
Register to attend a free and interactive online training session, specifically tailored to AOD workers on Wednesday 13 May from 2 pm to 3 pm. Numbers are limited to maximise participant engagement.
The interactive session will deliver practical tips and strategies to help you assist people needing support around seeking testing, treatment and safe practices (ie harm minimisation), around viral hepatitis.
Can’t make this session time? Email email@example.com to be invited to future sessions.
Who can attend
You are encouraged to attend if you work in any capacity within the drug and alcohol workforce, including:
- residential rehabilitation
- forensic settings
- dual diagnosis
- needle and syringe programs
- hospitals and other community-based services.
What will be covered
The session will run for approximately one hour and cover:
- hepatitis A overview, including vaccination
- hepatitis B (HBV) and hepatitis C (HCV) - transmission routes, risk factors (prevention), testing, immunisations and treatment
- identifying at-risk populations within the community
- myths surrounding HBV and HCV transmission
- privacy, disclosure and legal obligations
- how to engage in conversation about hepatitis with your clients within a harm minimisation framework
- group discussion activities
- an overview of the advocacy and support services available to AOD and community welfare workforce, and consumers.
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance to self-report participation for their continued professional development.
About the facilitator
Steven Taylor, a professional community worker with lived experience of previous hepatitis C treatments. He has over 15 years’ experience in the social work and community health sectors, working for various organisations in Victoria across areas of homelessness and housing, harm minimisation, case management, outreach, migration support, community development, corrections, youth justice, family support, and advocacy.
Steven is currently the HEPReady AOD Workforce Trainer for Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWell.
We can tailor a session for your organisation
Hepatitis Victoria welcomes the opportunity to work with you to design a session that meets your organisation’s needs – at no cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9380 4644 to find out more.
All you need to participate is a computer, tablet or mobile phone with internet access.
Once you register, you will receive an email with all the information you need to participate.
Return to HEPReady main page